We’re welcoming back Dave McKee today, hoping for some more of that inspired discussion of The Darcy Brothers that we saw last weekend. We get some great ideas from reader comments! – Abigail
The pack of wild-eyed, slathering Janeites begin to circle this strange, unknown beast that has stumbled into their midst. Whatever is it? What is that smell !!!
Ack!! It’s a man! It, it smells like …. Cheetos and Guinness!! Doesn’t he have any couth at all???
Umm, nope! Sorry! Did have a bit of a wash and scrub earlier…
Say, I have an idea to distract …. I mean, share with you!
I suspect Susan Mason-Milks will have the next The Darcy Brothers chapter done and locked away soon – without even a tiny hint shared with we readers!! In retaliation, I’m proposing that this Sunday we give the author such palpitations and flutters, so that she waves her hankie about and says….. “Gee, wish I had thought of that!”
Help!! Chapter 15 answered questions, but opened up a load of new questions!
So Sunday, bring your ideas to share with other posters – and give Susan palpitations and flutters!
( gentle flutters, nothing hurtful 🙂 )
Here are a few of my wonderings and am sure you have others to add!
1. Elizabeth recovers but is weak. She and Darcy try to communicate with mixed success. These two will never do anything the easy way! For the next chapter, should they begin to reconcile/admit feelings – or should one/both retain their stubborn pride and resist growth in their attachment? How is Elizabeth going to react when she hears that Darcy announced himself as her betrothed rather than in a courtship?
2. Will not be long before Darcy drives everyone crazy! To calm him down, what if Georgiana and Anne invite the whole Gardiner clan, Jane and Elizabeth to stay at Darcy House? This includes the kids, whooping it up and sliding down the bannisters, knocking over Darcy’s one suit of Greenwich armour. Elizabeth encourages/authorizes this behavior to test Darcy’s liking of children. Mrs. Gardiner will be horrified to allow her children to behave this way, but for Elizabeth…
What about a chaperon? – mystery solved. Mr. Bennet… In the Library… With the Book.
3. Will Darcy have to start reconciling with Theo immediately? Will Theo write up the settlement and new wills?
4. Lady Cathy stirs the pot.
How long before Lady C shows up?
Will Collins spread the word to Lucas Lodge when he hears Lady C wailing that Elizabeth seduced/compromised Darcy?
If Collins commiserates with Lady C, and spills that Elizabeth despised Darcy in Meryton after he insulted her by calling her ‘tolerable’, and Elizabeth showed a liking for Wickham… In desperation, will Lady C make contact with/pay Wickham to cause a split?
5. What about Jane and Anne? Will Col Fitzwilliam take advantage of the opportunity and woo Anne? Or does he now prefer Jane? How long before Bingley proposes or will he wait too long?
6. This angst I can do without: Mrs Bennet arrives? (shudder)
7. ??? What questions do you have in mind?