How well do you know locations from Jane Austen’s life and locations from Austen adaptations? Today, Abigail Reynolds and I are going to test your knowledge of these places in two quizzes with two giveaways! That’s right, two giveaways! First, you can guess locations from Jane Austen’s life here at Austen Variations and email the responses to me at email@example.com, to be put in a drawing for a giveaway by Abigail. Then, don’t forget to go to my blog at lldiamondwrites.com for a quiz on locations from adaptations of Jane Austen’s books and another giveaway!
Here’s the first giveaway (US only, sorry!), courtesy of Abigail Reynolds:
2 Jane Austen foldable tote bags
And a collection of Jane Austen note cards, invitations (art by the inimitable Jane Odiwe), bookmarks and even a Jane Austen air freshener!
And now the quiz!
How well do you know Jane Austen? Can you guess these locations from Jane Austen’s life?
- This house is unfortunately no longer standing, but Jane was born and grew up here.
2. No hints! This one is too easy!
3. Jane mentions the public breakfasts here in her letters.
4. Not too far from those public breakfasts!
5. This one is pretty easy for a hint too!
6. Hmmm….there’s an anniversary regarding this place that happens this year.
7. No plaque on this one, but she did live here. A famous Jane place is just down the street 😉
8. Jane’s aunt and uncle lived in these buildings!
9. Could this be inspiration for Rosings? It is in Kent 🙂
10. It’s called The Swan, but where is it and do you know what Jane used to do here?
Email your responses to Leslie Diamond at firstname.lastname@example.org, to be put in a drawing for this giveaway by Abigail.
Okay, now for your second chance to win go to lldiamondwrites.com for the second quiz and giveaway!