How well did you know locations from Jane Austen’s life and locations from Austen adaptations? Answers for the Austen Variations portion will be here and the answers for part two will be on my blog at lldiamondwrites.com.
Just in case you were curious about the actual answers, here we go!
- This house is unfortunately no longer standing, but Jane was born and grew up here. Steventon Rectory
2. No hints! This one is too easy! Chawton Cottage
3. Jane mentions the public breakfasts here in her letters. – Sydney Hotel, but I accepted Sydney Gardens since the hotel and the gardens were together.
4. Not too far from those public breakfasts! – 4 Sydney Place, Bath
5. This one is pretty easy for a hint too! – Chawton House
6. Hmmm….there’s an anniversary regarding this place that happens this year. – The house in Winchester where JA died
7. No plaque on this one, but she did live here. A famous Jane place is just down the street 😉 – 25 Gay Street, Bath
8. Jane’s aunt and uncle lived in these buildings! – The Paragon, Bath
9. Could this be inspiration for Rosings? It is in Kent 🙂 – Goodnestone Park
10. It’s called The Swan, but where is it and do you know what Jane used to do here? The Swan Coaching Inn or The Swan Hotel – Jane used to catch the coach to London here and she also walked here frequently to collect their post/mail.
How many did you get correct?